Friday, January 6, 2012

Guest Blogging: A Rookie's Attempt

I've never really blogged before. This site doesn't count, because it's essentially just my real-life randomness thrown down with a black background. It's often stream-of-consciousness or obscure references to Fraggle Rock. But, through my own poor decision-making, I've actually been cleared to do some guest blogging for the Savvy Authors website. Now, my work will take up server space and bandwidth on a site with actual traffic. It's awesome and disconcerting. I can write on anything and include information about my book cough(GetItHere)cough and a personal bio and picture.

That's the easy part.

The hard part is figuring out what to write about. I considered writing about the importance of the Doozers, but I wasn't sure I could come up with enough for a full article. [See what I mean? Obscure Fraggle Rock references....]. I believe I've settled on a topic, but we shall see. I have about 700 words down (the site recommends keeping it under 1500), and I think it's something new and unusual for them. You know... no point in regurgitating content they already have.

What's it about?

Visit the Savvy Author's website, savvyauthors.com, on or about January 27th and find out...

_ Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment